Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's finally happened...I've embraced shorts

So, I've had this long-standing fear of wearing shorts. My legs are so pale, they're clear. It could be 400 degrees outside, and I would refuse to wear them...I would say, "No, I'm not hot, I'm fine," as sweat poured down my legs and dizziness from heat ensued.

I've finally decided that I don't care how pale I am, and my own mother in fact said to me on Saturday, "You need to get some tanning lotion," thanks, Mom. It's too effing hot for me to live in my denim prison any longer. I bought shorts and two dresses, and I will be wearing them as the Albino Poster Girl I am. And I also appreciate those asking me if I've heard of an invention called "the sun." As a matter of fact, I have, but I work such odd, freaking times, I don't have time to lay out, and I am scared of the tanning bed..it's a cancerous coffin.

Now, for something completely different, why can they not fix this stupid oil leak? Seriously...and I'm tired of everyone blaming Obama..what would you have him do? Swim down and plug the leak with his body? Enough. He hasn't done anything more detrimental to the environment involving oil that presidents haven't been doing for 100 years. I'm not saying I think his behavior since the leak has been great, but really, what is it that people expect him to do?

Got through Father's Day #1 without my dad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. It helped that I got to spend it with family, having lunch with my mom and staying with my in-laws. It certainly helped that I have a wonderful father-in-law and in-laws in general who have always made me feel a part of their family. I really feel sorry for people who have in-law issues. I could see how that would be torturous, but yay for not having that problem. My only problem is that I think I gain 5 lbs every time we visit...Self-control, meet Emily. Emily, try to meet self-control.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Thanks for coming by KludgyMom today and following my site :) I am having some problems with my GFC account and can't follow sites currently..but I will check back. Congrats on getting into some shorts! :)

Also, looks like you're a new blogger..check out our other site, The Blogger's Concierge, at http://www.thebloggersconcierge.com for insider tips, networking and help!