Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The insomniac blog

I cannot sleep...I can't go to sleep and then when I go to sleep, I have horrible dreams...so I'm trying a new plan. I'm going to stay up until I get sleepy, then go to bed and watch no TV and just go to sleep. I may be awake until 1 a.m., but I'm gonna see how it works....

Now for some randomness...I cannot get Vacation Bible School songs out of my head. All throughout the past week I keep hearing "Some of the people, they didn't make the trippy, trippy, they fell out of fellowshippy, shippy," and "Zachaeus was a wee little man, a wee little man was he." I can only attribute it to the fact that there are VBS signs everywhere on the way to work...but it's odd...it's like my monkey DJ has been replaced by a Christian rock DJ.

We have 8 cans of every vegetable you could ever want.. I just looked in the cabinet to make coffee and noticed the 10 cans of tomatoes...it's hilarious. Smitty always prepares like Armageddon is coming with the stockpiles of food. I used to think it was insane and now I find it comforting. At any given time, I can pretty much make any recipe with the contents in our house, and that's awesome. It's just funny; there are 3 unopened mayonnaise containers and like 8 bottles of salad dressings in our pantry. The first time Smitty and I went on a 2-day trip, staying in a hotel, he brought canned soups, canned fruit, a box of Wheat Thins, and a tin of oysters...I was like, "Um...how long are we staying?"

I really want to be on a cooking show, like Hell's Kitchen. Not Hell's Kitchen itself, but something similar. I'm not an awesome cook, but neither are some of the people on those shows. I would like to see how I would handle myself...I used to really want to be on American Idol, but I've changed my course...I want to use creme fraiche and rock it out...but more likely, I would probably burn stuff...

Off to continue my sleep project...

No comments: