Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Turn around, bright eyes....

I am a content little monkey for the time being. Team Cymbalta is cruising ahead. After one slightly terrifying panic attack, I am now energized, sleeping for the first time in months, and back to my winsome, witty self...at least in my head...and that's where the voices are who tell me what to do...(Joke)

I have discovered a number of things in the last couple of weeks:
1. People driving luxury SUVs piss me off...really? You have an extra $35,000 to spend on a car and you choose a wanky SUV with a Lexus "L" on the front? You, like the people who are not rappers or in an actual war that drive Hummers, are irritating...there...

2. I do not like Pink Floyd. I like maybe two songs, but I feel secure in admitting that I don't get it. All of their songs sound nearly the same and unless you've just dropped 3 hits of LSD and you're preparing for a laser light show at the planetarium, it's like Rachel Ray and Ann Coulter, completely unnecessary and repetitive.

3. Barack Obama did not cause the Gulf oil spill. Yes, he approved off-shore drilling, and I actually, against my politics of the last 15 years, agree with off-shore drilling, even with the oil spill, but he had nothing more to do with the oil spill than George W. Bush had to do with Katrina. And I loathe George W. Bush more than sugar-free anything and people telling me "exercise cures depression." If we were able to successfully execute off-shore drilling, perhaps we might lessen our dependence on foreign oil, which is what everything is pretty much about, anyway.

It's odd, because I get people I've been associated with through the Kerry campaign and other avenues are asking me to sign petitions to ban off-shore drilling, and I don't want to. I agree with it. I also agree with the companies that perform it being able to STOP THE DAMN OIL if it starts to leak. I think that's a general quality control issue we more or less expect of the company. Can you imagine any other industry where they have no contingency plan should a disaster occur? Oh, the plane blew up due to some kind of faulty equipment, but maybe if we shoot golf balls at the problem, that will fix it...WTF...fix it! You make billions of dollars a year, and you don't have a plan to fix a leaking well? Pay me a million dollars a year, I know literally nothing about oil drilling, but I feel I could come up with a serviceable plan to stop the damn oil.


4. Trying to be healthy is annoying. I drink a lot of caffeine. I have about 5 cups of coffee in the morning and then usually I have one or two diet Cokes throughout the day. I decided, or perhaps Smitty suggested, that maybe that wasn't super healthy. So now, I'm trying to only drink caffeine in the morning and then drinking green tea-flavored water the rest of the day. I lulled myself into a false sense of contentment by convincing myself the water tasted just as good as diet Coke...it does not. I'm drinking water with powdered sediment at the bottom that just makes me want to pee without the benefit of that elixir I love named caffeine. Stupid water. There are so many chemicals in our water already, can you not just add caffeine? How hard would that be? Those would be tax dollars at work I'd like to see.

5. Once again, stop having wildly personal cell phone conversations in public. In the past 2 weeks, I have heard snippets of conversations including:
"he got kicked out of his apartment; he living with his momma"
"if my power gets cut off, you gon' have a problem"
"if you don't go to the doctor, it's gon' fall off" (I'd love to know what's going to fall off...)
"you need to listen to me; I got money for what I did"

This wasn't a cell phone conversation, it was a 3-way phone call with a 43-year-old woman having her grandmother pay her bill, "You are so stupid, just read your damn check number to the lady." I had to keep from telling her what an ingrate she was...Why are people so dumb? I blame No Child Left Behind.

Peace Out

No comments: