Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm healthier....and crankier.....

So, I REALLY quit smoking, and I started exercising at the urging of my quivering stomach muscle that wants its time in the sun....and it's been weird. I haven't really wanted to smoke, and I've actually looked forward to exercising. Of course, I also had a dream where I got to eat unlimited cheeseburgers...which is weird because in real life, I eschew cheeseburgers. Unless it's a swiss mushroom burger, I don't understand cheeseburgers, but clearly my subconscious understands a disturbance in the force.

It hasn't helped all that much that work has been crazy since my newfound health/Lent/don't-want-to-die-young initiative, but pretty much, it's never a good time to do the things you don't want to do. Stupid logic. I detest logic. My creative mind knows that logic exists as a thing, but I can pretty much always find a way to talk my way out of it. Sometimes, it works; sometimes, it doesn't. Smitty is on to my plan, so this rarely works with him, but sometimes, I can show my boobs and get away with it.

It seems grossly unfair that our bodies deteriorate as we get older. We don't even appreciate our lives fully until we hit about 28-ish, so it seems like there should be some kind of warning, like at work, like you get a first warning "the situation is concerning; conditions need to improve," then a second warning, "you may want to start exercising and stop eating pizza after 10 p.m.," and then "LOOK, WE HAVE GIVEN YOU AMPLE WARNING; PREPARE FOR BACK FAT AND REDUCED METABOLISM."  I think that would get some attention. I know I would've prepared. This was more like a gradual downslide. When I've been content in relationships, I get lazy about exercise and such. Shouldn't we be rewarded for that kind of comfort level? We're happy; give us unrelenting metabolism. I'm just saying.

So, whatever, I'm gonna try to get up in the morning and work out. I hate working out. If I can write my book soon, perhaps I can afford whatever surgery lets you not have to work out to be an ideal size. That makes me healthy, right? As long as I'm a societally-acceptable size, I think it works..and I need a boob lift. There, I'm done.

No comments: