Sunday, January 24, 2010

You Make-a My Dreams Come True

I love music...I love listening to it, I love pretending to dance to it, and I especially love thinking I can sing super-awesome-ly to it. I have a good voice, it's not a great voice..it has its alcohol-induced moments of greatness. I love karaoke so much, I could marry it, but I'd be cheating on Smitty and...sleep, my other passion.

I just spent like 2 hours figuring out how to get new music onto my iPod. I finally figured it out, and I got all my old favorites...Billy Joel..that's right, that's how I roll, BITCHES...."bottle of red....bottle of white..." can you handle that funk...Tori Amos, and my new favorite Regina Spektor..Clearly, I am not super cool when it comes to music. I don't even know how the kids find out about music these days. I hear stuff that I like, and I find a way to listen to it, unbeknownst to me that I'm listening to "new" music that's like 5 years old..that's right, that's how I roll.

I just like music I can sing to...ask Smitty, he once asked if I had the all-Joey, Concrete Blonde channel in my car, because I love, love, love singing/screaming along to that song in my car. It's cathartic. I do that, I sing along to music in the car, as opposed to everyone else in their cars who are talking on their stupid cell phones and driving like crap as a result. Are people afraid to be alone with their thoughts these days? Is that a thing? No one want to sing and get caught at the light singing "Sister Christian?" (been there) I will never give up singing along to the radio or the iPod or whatever fancy stuff the Interwebs comes out with...sing on, even if you sound like you've been smoking for 40 years or even if you don't. I fully support bad car-singing. I'm Emily, and I'm a Bad Car Singer. Have been since about 1984.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Em! I found your blog! Blogger is undergoing some who knows what maintenance so it won't let me follow you, but I promise once the 2 hours pass(their eta time)...I will follow you! :)

PS. Just thought I'd share, the 'word verification' is "mista"! Hahaha. I figured you would've enjoyed that and that word reminds me of you for some reason. Not saying that you are a mister, but pssh, you know what I mean! LOL.

Dorothy Parker-lite said...

Yay!! I'm glad you found it...and I think I know what you mean..:P