Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's a nice wine like you doing in a girl like me??

I have had a BAD day. It's not like a "my car broke down, my dog died, my husband left me" country song kind of day, it was just one of those days that makes you look and feel like you've been pulled out of a drain. Trust me, I look rough. I'm choosing to revive this day with a woodsy Chardonnay, my hilarious husband, and later on, I will shamefully admit, I will watch "Steven Seagal: Lawman," because it is easily the funniest (by accident) show I have seen in a while. I'm not kidding..before you judge me, you need to watch an episode.

I hate having days like this, b/c I swear, in spite of my Prozac prescription, I try to be a sunny person, dammit. I think I'm a glass half-full kinda gal, although I would probably make fun of the glass. That's just who I am...an optimist with a side of sass..it's worked for me so far, so I don't mess with the formula.

Wine helps, I'll be honest. I have pretty much cut out all drinking except for a few glasses of Chardonnay now and again. Before anyone I've been more than buzzed around recently says "Dear God, lightning will strike this computer," I'm not saying I ALWAYS limit it to a few glasses, but recently, I have tried to cut back to just a few glasses to dull the edge. And white wine is my new, and by new, I mean for the past year and a half, favorite. It's just nice and mellow and makes me feel fuzzy and not like bloaty and whale-like. That's why I generally eschew beer these days...I get it, I retain fluid, I don't need a beverage to be a reminder.

And a note, apropos of nothing, nicotine patches are crap. They don't work...I'm just saying..

No comments: