Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What does not kill us, umm...just stresses us out?

My mother has to have chemotherapy. Bam, there it is. She has/had cancer, and now, she has to have chemo. This pisses me off. First, I accepted the possibility of her having cancer, but she had a hysterectomy, which was supposed to cut off any need of further treatment. It didn't. I think doctors are like mechanics with fancy degrees. They can pretty much tell  us anything; we have no idea, and  we just go along with whatever they say.

I am not in the habit of questioning God. I know he has his own stuff going on, and I am very careful about challenging him or cursing him. However, when it comes to the last few years, I have to think. People frequently say that He doesn't give you more than you can handle. I take this to mean someone in my family (please let it be me) is going to be a real-life superhero. I don't revel in pity or misery ever, and I'm not going to start.

I told my mom earlier today that I think she'll be fine, because as I thought about some things, the strength that I have drawn from over my life, has come from her. I don't know anyone from my dad's family, really other than a couple of great aunts, but as much as I love/d my dad, the Gaithers are not from where I get my strength. That strength comes from farmer people raised in Pontotoc, Miss., from which my mom moved as a baby.

I state this as a person who has very little knowledge of this, but here goes....we should learn about our roots, our ancestors, if possible. My family is so small, it's a little creepy. It's pretty much me and my sister and niece and their offspring. Done. Yeah, we have cousins, but it's not the same as an immediate family member you call and know exactly what's going on. Thank the sweet Lord for giving me a sister. We are like the sun and moon, we're so different, but I think God knew what he was doing. Just let my mother be alright. I am not ready to say goodbye to my mother. God, I need you to look past some crap and just give us a break. Thank you.


No comments: