Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Hazel Principle

My grandmother was what you would call "a pistol." She would send food back at will, terrorizing wait staff, sales people, store clerks, etc... you could pretty much name it. I would sometime cringe in a restaurant with her, because you could either get her completely charming personality or you could get the Diva. As a 20-something-year-old, I came to accept this as "Old Lady Syndrome." By the time I was 22, my grandmother was in her late 70s/early 80s. However, as this behavior started to worsen, I realized she had been this way my whole life, actually. After comprehending this, embarrassments aside in my pre-teen years, I am starting to embrace what I am deeming "The Hazel Principle."

I informed my mom of this earlier tonight. It essentially means that I'm removing whatever filter I had in place before and replacing it with a cranky, surly alternative. For instance, I thought Triple A would be a good idea, considering I have previously driven cars until they have fallen apart, and I'm suddenly missing a husband and/or a man type, as of late. And I will reiterate that it is a good idea, well worth the money considering what Triple A does, although I fear I have nearly worn out my 4 per year coverage.

How.....freaking ever....I scheduled an on-line pick-up at 5:30 p.m. today. After being told my pick-up will be between 5:30 and 5:45, I race there like a mad woman, and without going through specifics which point to their possibly incompetent dispatchers, my tow commenced at 7 p.m., a hour and a half later than it was supposed to be.
However, I did not have to pay for a tow through all this horseshit, so Triple A is worth every cent, as far I'm concerned.

After going through massive separation and now, apparently divorce, I am a bit in a fog. You might call it denial, but it's not. I think the true horrible nature of divorce for people not addicted to meth or having other external issues, is just slogging through all those nitpicky things that you don't think about until you have to.

I won't lie; I still love my husband, and I'm pretty certain he loves me, but timing can sometimes be a giant key that can either unlock things or switch them up in a way that leaves you at fate's mercy.
In the meantime, I am treading above toxic car water and trying to find a reasonable and affordable new-ish car. Have I mentioned I hate cars? No? Cars are the Debil.......Anyone have a 2007 or newer really awesome car they want to sell me, with financing? That would make my year. I've also decided, even though I don't feel pitiful, I'm going to start playing the Divorce card. I have to teach myself to cry on cue, though.

No comments: