Sunday, June 24, 2012

I want sugar plums, dammit!

I cannot stop having these bizarre dreams. The latest recurring ones are:

1. Either Godzilla, aliens, or the Lord is destroying the Earth. I always manage to get in with the government and become moderately protected, but why am I having Apocalyptic dreams? Sometimes, I can see the water wash over everything or Godzilla's big foot walking by, but I always seem to make it out okay.

2. I am in college and keep forgetting my schedule, that I have a test, to go to a certain class all semester and where my dorm room is. But I'm still married, so I don't understand why I have a dorm room, and I still work full time, so I have to tell my boss that I have a mid-term.

3. I keep having a kind of sitcom-running dream that I have this huge crush on someone with whom I was in elementary and middle school. I really don't understand this one. I briefly had a crush on him in middle school, but haven't seen or thought about this person in over 20 years.

4. I keep going on these weird vacations. I'm always with people I would never vacation with, I never know how/when we got there, and I always have trouble getting home.

Those are the main ones I remember, so I can deduce a few things. The world is about to end, and I have the insight on where to hide...although, if it really is Armageddon, you can't hide, so I don't completely understand that part.

Maybe I should go back to college to get my master's like I've been saying for 10 years. That would actually be ideal, and maybe my memory is bad in the dream, because I'm so much older than I was in undergrad.

I'm thinking the weird crush one is to possibly reconnect with old friends; I may still have to think about that...and clearly, I need a vacation. That one's simple. Actually, I don't know how much I believe in dreams, but I kid you not when I say that these have been playing on a loop for months now. I even watched a horror movie last night and fully expected a vampire to stalk me, and it didn't happen. No, I was obsessed with going to a high school football game, which I didn't even do when I was in high school.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Strange I have been having something similar to that second one alot recently and it freaks me out because I keep dreaming that I forgot to go to a class and then forgot to drop the class so I was going to have an F or an incomplete! I think maybe that is my control freak coming out! By the way, for #1 it is 2012 you know! I think the aliens are returning or I have been watching way too much Ancient Aliens!