Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A sickly gal can't catch a break...

Oh, how I love fall...football (weird, right? Thanks, Smitty), sweaters/boots, Thanksgiving, the possibility of snow and lying on a bearskin rug in front of a toasty fire..okay, that last thing may never have happened, but it could. However, this fall has kicked my allergy-shot, no immune system-having butt. Since there has been even the whisper of falling leaves, my whole head has felt like a giant bowling ball..and not the good kind, like in "The Big Lebowski," the cheap kind.

I literally slept about 30 hours this past weekend, trying to drug up and get better. All that did was make me sleepier. I take shots, daily allergy meds, stick bottles of salt water up my nose, chant to the monkey gods, leave an offering for the Mafia, nothing works definitively. As much as I hate needles, I would let Michael J. Fox ply me with them in the hopes that acupuncture might alleviate this constant inability to breathe and function.

I snore like a lumberjack now, thanks to my devious septum..that crafty little bugger is shaped like a question mark, and up to no good. Surgery is a possibility, but they can't guarantee with the litany of things I'm allergic to, that it will do any good. Therefore, no sharp objects are going up  my nose. It's against my religion.

On a completely unrelated note, are there seriously going to be like 50 GOP debates? It's like watching a high school debate team made up of the kids no one wants to hear. I think the pizza guy is going to school them all. What an odd world it is. On that subject, the Doomsday guy who said we were going to have Armaggedon in May has changed his mind to say it will be on Oct. 21. I wish people would stop trying to predict the end of the world. There is no way any earthly person will know that information; plus, it clutters up my Facebook.

No comments: