Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I've got a brand new pair of roller skates

I've been neglecting my poor little blog; it's not that I have nothing to say..it's never that, as Smitty will attest, I've just lacked motivation or a truly brilliant stream of consciousness...

Also, per Smitty, I'm apparently not allowed to impart information that's too personal (refer to last blog where I announced his diabetes and my aching womb). We compromised; I won't mention his health issues, but I don't think my aching womb will be silent. I kid...mostly...we're not ready for that quite yet, but the number of people that are currently pregnant grows..I think the economy preventing society from going out as much is causing rampant sexual behavior. Perhaps our generation really will replace the Baby Boomers by repopulating them and then some..I predict Social Security to be saved right around my retirement...sweet.

I'm still smoke-free. I've had a few setbacks here and there, but I have been on the electronic cigarettes for about two weeks now, and I've come to the conclusion that they're the most brilliant invention since birth control and electricity. Now, I think they should create e-cocktails, e-fried pickles, and e-brownies. I haven't completely thought through the logistics, but I say, if we enjoy it, create an electronic simulation for it. People will buy it.

Speaking of smoking, I just saw the new, graphic labels that will be printed on cigarettes, and I find them ridiculous. First of all, they are far too incendiary to be put on a product that is sold out in the open, and second of all, smokers are going to smoke if they want to. Period. Take it from a person who once literally stuck strands of a person's hair into my nose to inhale the smoky wonder...it's not a casual addiction. Picture of a tracheotomy..no problem, you can get a Sharpie and create butterflies around the throat opening. I feel there will be a huge increase in the purchase of cigarette holders and cases so that you can simply throw away the attempted enforcement of morality after the fact and enjoy the slow acquisition of lung cancer in peace.

I'm trying to start psyching myself up for the '12 Presidential election.I feel it will be rife with shenanigans, as I know Sarah Palin will throw her bear skin in the ring at the last minute, and I am so excited for this. This is why I subscribe to Time. Except for every 4 years, each issue comes in week after week and mocks me with its intelligence, while I read about the Kardashians and Team Jacob vs. Team Edward in People and Entertainment Weekly. However, this I vow....once the presidential race heats up, I will use Time magazine as more than just a drink coaster. I will be knowledgeable, and I will inwardly mock....and outwardly mock, when warranted. I used to be smart and informed; I can get there again, I think. Yes, we (I) can!

No comments: