Tuesday, February 08, 2011

So, does rock bottom involve licking a CD?

I had a strong urge for Janis Joplin this morning. I was yelled at last night for having insomnia, and I wanted to sing out any remaining hostility before I got to work. My really, really old Janis Joplin CD was, however, stuck to another CD by an undetermined substance. I'm pretty sure it was coffee, I hope it was coffee, because when the CD kept skipping, I took it out, licked it, and then remembered the sticky substance. On a bright note, I got to hear all of "Bye, Bye Baby" and "Mercedes Benz," which was the goal.  If I start to lose vision in either eye, I'll probably have to take a sample of whatever that was with me to the ER.

So, I'm married, and I still think Valentine's Day is stupid. I think possibly our first V-Day as a married couple, we may have done a faux elaborate thing, but we are both pretty cranky toward it since then. I'm speaking for Smitty here, and he's welcome to argue, but we love each other, and we genuinely like each other's company. So, Valentine's Day is no different than a Monday to us, except for judgment from others when asked what we did, and we say "dinner made together and the naked Lambada." Yes, those are things we do all the time, so Valentine's Day is not a particularly unique day. I guess my point is, if you love and enjoy each other, you don't need a commercial holiday set aside to exhibit that.

Apparently, we're bracing for a massive blizzard of up to 2 inches of snow tomorrow night...SIGH. I love cold weather, I do. Fall is my favorite season, when it just starts to turn into sweater weather, but this winter is starting to make me wish for Easter and Cadbury eggs to come next week. My hair is a mass of static electricity, and the wind is constantly causing it to smack me in the face, my hands are so dry, they look like those of a North Country miner, and I've almost given up trying to keep my legs shaved. I shave them, I get chill bumps, hair grows back, game over. I grow tired....

I realized once I got home to change clothes that one of my socks was on inside out. I frequently put my underwear on inside out and don't realize until later. Srsly, is this normal? There's no history of dementia (well, that may be debatable) or Alzheimer's in my family, but I swear some days, I forget names of things I know, actors' names (and if you know me well, that's really something), once I wore two bras to work, and Smitty says I forget conversations he swears we've had, and it's a little scary that I don't remember. I'm being half-way serious, although I think when I forget those conversations, I'm only pretending to listen. That's a normal marriage thing, right?


"It takes two to speak the truth — one to speak and another to hear."
Henry David Thoreau

I bet neither of those people had a monkey DJ in their head or the deep Harry Potter questions I've been pondering.

No comments: