Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The most random of thoughts

Well, I haven't updated in so long, I'm sure whatever people may've been semi-regular readers have moved along to other, more interesting blogs, but since I never really did this for anyone but me, oh, well. It's my blog, and I'll update it when I want to. Here goes:
1. I've discovered a few things lately. I hate, hate, HATE getting up at 6:30 every morning, but I love, love, LOVE being able to afford things like regular happy hours, Sex and the City DVDs and the girliest shoes I've ever bought for myself that will probably inevitably kill me, but they make me forget that I have no coordination when it comes to walking in heels, so we'll see what happens.
2. I was in this funky little bar the other night that had writing all over the bathroom wall, and I saw something that made me laugh out loud. It said, "You're afraid of commitment? What the hell does that mean anyway?" Boys reading this probably won't see the humor in that, but I find it amusing that women hear that so often that it's become a mantra appropriate enough to scrawl across a bathroom wall so that every woman entering will immediately read it and knowing say, "Ahh..another one."
3. I watching watching a movie recently that said in a voice-over "There's a time in your life when you go to your parents' house and realize that it's no longer your home," and I believe I've reached that point in my life,and it kinda freaks me out.
I recently visited home, and I had an awesome time, don't get me wrong, but it may've been the first time in my life that I realized I have no desire to ever live there again, and it truly felt like just a visit. It was liberating and terrifying all at the same time.
4. I have no set political affiliation anymore. I think I hate them all equally. I've had it with the goofy-ass Democrats, and I still don't identify with the soul-less Republicans. My political sensibilities are at a crossroads, and frankly, whoever makes the most sense first will win my allegiance. I'm sick of the lot of them. I find it brutally disheartening that out of each party, the names being bandied about for 2008 are as pathetic as they are. We deserve better, and I hope that will happen between now and then, or, America, we are in some serious trouble. All I can say, is if John McCain runs, I will vote for a Republican and five minutes later, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will show up, so I'm giving everyone fair warning.
Alright, my lunch break is almost over. I've just been almost compulsively meaning to update, so now I have, albeit kind of briefly.
Let me leave you with this; you should really shy away from ever saying, "I will never (fill in the blank)," because you lose out on a lot of amazing experiences that way. That's Emily's little pearl of wisdom for whoever may peruse this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily:

Finally, I make my cameo on your blog...

Watch out for the crazy northerners.

You know who