Monday, January 24, 2005

So totally over the snow now

Okay; apparently it snows in Pennsylvania. No shock there; everyone talked about it for months. "Emily, you'll never survive the Yankee winter. You won't know how to drive in the snow. You have the wrong clothes. Etc..."
So, yeah, it snowed about 13 inches over the weekend, making it impossible to do anything that wasn't within walking distance of my apartment. That was fine; it was nice to have an excuse for being slightly worthless over the weekend. Did a little drinking and mischief-making, no problem.
Okay, then yesterday, I spent a good two hours digging my car out of the ridiculous amount of snow amassed around it, and, yeah, I was cold, but I thought, "Cool. I've just shoveled my first snow, a job well done." Then, this morning, snow inexplicably appeared around the car, presumably from a snowplow, and I had to do the whole exercise over again.
Then, driving in the snow was a real treat, as some streets are completely clear, and some have fair amounts of ice on them. Add to that, it's supposed to snow some more today, it's cold as shit, and at this point I'm starting to find it hard to imagine a life without snow on my feet.
I sincerely hope spring in Pennsylvania has some serious redeeming qualities, or I am, as they say, out of here. The crawfish are calling..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say about that snow mess is that I wish I could spend a few hours with you up there in it....Then I would be on the next plane back down South, even though it is quite chilly down here.....but I know it doesn't compare to the freezer you are are living in...

Ellen